Students, surgical residents and practitioners get hands-on experience using teaching facilities equipped with the latest surgical, robotic, laparoscopic and microscopic technologies. Students and practitioners train in the microsurgery laboratory for instruction in operating on the body’s tiniest nerves and blood vessels.
- Medical students
- Introduction to surgery
- Use of surgical lights, booms, imaging
- MIS equipment
- Surgical Residents
- Weekly courses in:
- Use of surgical equipment and instruments
- Laparoscopic techniques
- Introduction to robotics
- General Surgery (Dr. Horgan)
- Colorectal surgery (Dr. Ramamorthy)
- Urology (Dr. Kane)
- Surgical Oncology (Dr. Lowy)
- Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery
- Other new techniques and technologies
Continuing Medical Education
- Certification to teach the Fundamental Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS) courses
- Minimally invasive techniques using simulators
Course listing: http://cme.ucsd.edu/calendar.cfm?cat_id=1
The UC San Diego School of Medicine, Continuing Medical Education office has been awarded Accreditation with Commendation by its accrediting body – a distinction earned by only a small percentage of providers nationwide. We offer a large range of services that are tailor-made to help you plan, fund and execute your next activity.
The Center for the Future of Surgery meets all accreditation standards for a level 1 American College of Surgeons Comprehensive Education Center.